Art from the Heart |
Comic Genius |
Drumming up Business |
Healthy Body-Healthy Mind |
Wellbeing in the Workplace |
The Yoga Day |
The Yin and Yang Day
The Yoga Day:
Dont be fooled into thinking that yoga removes the aggression needed for
success in the marketplace- the best warriors walk into battle in a lucid, centred state
The yoga day introduces participants to the many ways in which yoga can be used as a tool to raise energy levels, conquer stress, develop teamwork and create peace of mind.
THE WARRIORS WORKOUT (YOGA FOR DYNAMIC ENERGY)
BONDING THROUGH BENDING (YOGA THROUGH TEAMWORK)
DESKBOUND YOGA (YOGA FOR THE OFFICE)
THE CALM DOWN (YOGA TO DE-STRESS)
Description of events:
1) The Warrior's Workout
A dynamic sequence of energising yoga poses designed to liberate untapped sources of energy and confidence within you.
2) Bonding through Bending
A fun sequence of partner based yoga poses that not only deliver the regular benefits of yoga, but also promote trust, communication and teamwork between individuals. This session regularly breaks down barriers and promotes dynamic and lively interaction.
3) Deskbound yoga
We all spend far too much time hunched over our computers- yet the body was never designed to sit in computer pose for up to 10 hours a day. This short, fun sequence - conducted largely in chairs or at tables - will give participants some invaluable and cheeky ways of staying on top form in the office, while those around them slouch ever further into their chairs.
4) The Calm Down
Tired? Nearly got fired? Or has your energy expired? In this session we will show you just how soothing, relaxing and gentle yoga can be. The postures in this session are all about letting go rather than controlling, forcing or summoning extra effort. Deep peace and lots of release are guaranteed.
Outcomes of the day:
- Less back pain: An astounding 119 million working days were lost due to back pain in the UK in 2001. The stronger, healthier backs that result from a regular yoga practice will reduce the number lost in your company.
- The Happiness Factor: Yoga transforms apathy and depression by oxygenating the brain and increasing the level of endorphins in the bloodstream.
- Improved mental faculties: Yoga trains people in the art of single-pointedness thereby improving mental concentration and focus.
- Stress management: Yogic breathing and yoga stretches create a genuine sense of inner and outer space. The tightening wall of stress will loosen its grip as you learn to breathe and stand your ground. Peace of mind is guaranteed.
- Stronger team bonds: Taking yoga classes together is an effective way to build better communication and trust between members of a team.